This classic dip has been updated with fresh and ready-prepared ingredients. It’s sure to be a crowd pleaser. Makes 8 servings.
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese
- 2 cups chopped frozen broccoli
- 1-1/2 cups (6 oz.) shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Crackers for serving
- Place cream cheese on microwave-safe plate. Microwave on HIGH, 30-40 seconds until softened. Remove cream cheese from microwave; set aside. Place broccoli in 2-quart microwave-safe bowl. Place bowl in microwave; select Vegetables from menu panel. Select 2; push Start. When oven signals, remove from microwave.
- Add cream cheese, 1-1/4 cups cheese, onion, garlic and hot pepper sauce to broccoli in bowl. Mix thoroughly until well combined. Spread mixture into 1-quart microwave-safe casserole. Sprinkle remaining cheese over top.
- Microwave on HIGH, 4-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove from microwave. Cool slightly; serve with crackers.
*You can soften cream cheese using the Soften/Melt feature on the microwave. Place cream cheese on a microwave-safe dish.