Sloppy Joe topping dresses up an ordinary baked potato – great anytime. Makes 4 potatoes.
- 4 large baking potatoes, rinsed and scrubbed
- 1 pound lean ground turkey or beef
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) sloppy joe sauce
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
- Additional toppings such as sour cream, sliced green onions, and chopped tomatoes (optional)
- Prick each potato several times using fork. Place on turntable in spoke-like fashion. Select Baked Potato from menu panel. When oven signals, turn over potatoes. Press Start. Remove from oven; set aside.
- Crumble turkey into 2-quart microwave-safe casserole. Add bell pepper, salt and pepper. Cover casserole. Microwave on HIGH, 5-7 minutes stirring once halfway through cooking, until turkey is no longer pink. Drain. Stir in sloppy joe sauce. Microwave on HIGH, 3 minutes or until mixture is heated through.
- Cut an “X” in top of each potato, and gently squeeze together ends to open.
- Spoon sloppy joe mixture over potatoes; sprinkle with additional toppings, if desired.