This wholesome snack is perfect alone or served over yogurt, ice cream and even sprinkled over peanut butter sandwiches. Makes about 5 cups.
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3/4 cup dried tropical fruit mix
- Line a 10- x 17-inch pan with wax paper; set aside. Place butter in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH, 45-60 seconds or until melted; add vanilla and stir. In 2-quart microwave safe bowl, combine oats, coconut, almonds and brown sugar. Drizzle honey and melted butter mixture over top; mix well.
- Microwave on HIGH, 4-5 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes. Spread granola into prepared pan. Cool completely. Break apart any large pieces that may have stuck together. Stir in dried fruit. Store in airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.