You no longer need to wait for the holidays to have baked sweet potatoes. Makes 6 servings.
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup chopped cashews or almonds
- Pierce each sweet potato several times with fork. Arrange sweet potatoes in a spoke-like fashion on paper towel on turntable. Select Baked Potato on menu panel. When microwave signals, turn over potatoes. Press Start. Remove sweet potatoes from microwave; allow to cool.
- In small microwave-safe bowl, combine orange juice, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Microwave on HIGH, 1–1-1/2 minutes or until mixture is thickened. Stir in butter.
- Peel sweet potatoes. Cut crosswise into 1-inch thick round pieces. Lightly spray 1-quart microwave-safe casserole with no-stick cooking spray. Place sweet potatoes in casserole. Pour sauce over top and sprinkle evenly with cashews. Microwave on HIGH, 2 minutes or until heated through.