May 18th is No Dirty Dishes Day! Don’t leave any (dirty) dishes behind with these simple tips from our Institute of Home Science experts.
- Leave room between items for water to circulate completely around your dishes.
- Make sure tall or long items do not block the spray arm.
- Scrape, don’t rinse!
- Alternate spoons and forks or use the slotted basket to keep flatware from nesting together.
- Place heavily soiled items on the bottom rack, facing down and use the warmest water setting.
- Use a high quality, single dose packet detergent for best cleaning results.
For more ideas on ways your dishwasher can help clean up household messes: 5 Unique Things You Can Wash In Your Dishwasher